Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Proper Thank You

So, I hadn’t intended to blog today as I am on “summer schedule,” however this is the one year anniversary of the auction for BENT ROAD, so thought I’d mark the occasion. One year later, the manuscript has been edited, copy-edited and proofed. The cover is nearing its final stages, and soon we’ll have galley copies.

I’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy many fine moments over the past year, and I have many fine people to thank. Some of those people have been teachers to me and an important part of my development as a writer. There really aren’t proper words to thank them. Perhaps a proper thank you might be to Pay-It-Forward.

Toward that end, I was recently contacted by a young man who I first met when he was about two-years-old. We’ll call him Sam. Today, he is a teenager interested in writing. He lives in a different city now, and I haven’t seen him in many years, but after goggling me and discovering our common interest, he wrote me for advice. And so I’ll happily Pay-Forward the knowledge that others were generous enough to share with me as a means of saying thank you.

In honor of the end of school...a little summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment