Monday, April 26, 2010

Something Light

I'm keeping it short and sweet today. No school for the kids, and as mentioned earlier, I am re-reading BENT ROAD for the last time before handing it back to the publisher. I'm often asked how many re-writes I have done for the novel. The true answer-I have no idea. I do know that I have read the book out loud to myself at least six times. This is the best way to catch the clumsy sentences or the dialogue that sounds as if spoken by cardboard cutouts. As to re-writes...there have been many. Many. Too many. In any event, I have a several pages to get through today and the next day and the next. I'll be hoarse when I return, having mumbled through my book one more time.

In the mean time, Congratulations to Michael Koryta. His novel-SO COLD THE RIVER-was named of one of the "18 Books We Can't Wait to Read This Summer" by Entertainment Weekly. It's due out this June.

No comments:

Post a Comment